Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Coat plans and blah blah

Like this. Without the frockage underneath. Or a hat - blow that.
Bought the red linen, will line the coat to the knees in black linen twill I've got lying around the house. Though if there's enough, i could line to hem. Twill falls differently, and I'l really need to brain the stretch issues. Flat line, don't forget to hem the lining before you put the pieces together if it's going ot be shorter. Test out the groovy sleeve theory - finish arm holes and sleeve heads first, then whip together. Sleeve will need a layer of tulle for oomph.
Hooks and eyes from bust to knee...or thigh. Or maybe bows...or does that make it too 'bethan? I've got grossgrain out the wazoo, in a pretty good colour...Perhaps some canvas in the body...but the more I do to it, the more it becomes a dress not a gown. Will decide during patterning stages.

I wonder...if I made it more frock-like, could I stick a fancy shirt on, and a hoop skirt, and pretend I was dressed? I'm not sure I care enough. All I really want is a dressing gown, so I'm not nude while drinking coffee. One that no one else has!! bwahaha.
Hm. Think that cements it. No canvas. Can get a good enough fit without it. Nice heavy linen!

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com - background image by Wagner Campelo